Wednesday, September 07, 2005

More Recent News

While attending the Shelter Valley Folk Festival, I had the opportunity to play with many fine musicians... a full list is availible at the link to the right. The concerts were well and good, but it was the campfires which were most impressive to me. Picture a crowd of 40-50, 10 of whom are holding varing instruments, all blending there styles and preferences, as each take turns leading songs..... Awesome! Saturday morning, about 1am, as the fires don't start till the days festivities are finished at 11pm, I played 'Daddy Knows' for the circle. I was joined by Magoo, a well known folk performer, playing a mandolin, a bearded man, whos name I have forgotten, playing a guitar, and another gentleman, who's name is Jason, playing a guitarone, or baritone guitar. It was spine-tingling. As I left the fire shortly thereafter, Jason followed me and struck up a conversation. Turns out Jason is the producer and host of a radio program called 'Acoustic Roots' on the public radio station out of Ottawa. He asked me to send him a copy of 'Daddy Knows' so he can play it on his show..... !! I'm very pumped. I will post here as soon as I know when it will be on... should be a month or so.

Second bit of news is a gig alert.... I will be playing at The Human Bean in Cobourg sometime in the next little while, so please keep a watch here for the date.

Other than expecting the world to fall more apart as I sleep today, (I'm on midnights for my last week of employment) nothing else to add.

Goodnight, er day... as it may be,

Shamus

No comments: