Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Folking Awesome

This past weekend, it was my distinct pleasure to be involved with the Shelter Valley Folk Festival. I camped, I listened, I learned , I played, I sang, I ate, I drank, I caroused, I visited, I annoyed, and just generally did what comes natural. My volunteer time was spent as Festival Media Liason..... which was quite cool, and mostly aggravating and frustrating as the media usually is. Quinn spent the weekend at Poppa's... Which was a sigh of relief for MB and I for about 18 seconds.... then the feeling of dread that accompany's losing a limb, or otherwise attached appendage began to sink in. Naw, it really was a good weekend. I had a chance to play on the mainstage of the festival for the volunteer kick off concert on the preceeding Thursday. Nerve racking but awesome all-in-all. Came back to find out that I am being laid off from work at the end of the week.... kind of a downer, but maybe the boot in the pants I need to pursue the path somewhere else. Well, thats an update.... not everything, but I gotta run...

Peace,
Shamus

No comments: